iMessage is an awesome messaging application. It is very popular among the users of the Apple devices. Using iMessage is easy and fun. But, sometimes, instead of using this app on the small screen of your handheld device, you would want to use it on the larger screen of a computer. After all, typing with your keyboard is easier than typing on the small keypad of the phone. If you wish to use iMessage online on your computer, here are the ways you can do that.
Using Chrome Browser Remote Access Feature
This method allows you to use iMessage even on your Windows based computer. However, you will still need to have a Mac computer with iMessage installed on it. You can use Chrome on Windows PC only for the remote access. If you have a Mac computer and you are using iMessage on it, here is how you can have the extended, remote usage on any other computer (both Mac and Windows):
- You will need to have Google Chrome browser installed on both the computers you want to use iMessage on (Mac and PC).
- Once Chrome is there, open it and go to the Settings. On the left sidebar you will see ‘Extensions’. Click on it.
- Now search for ‘Chrome Remote Desktop’ on the Chrome browser on both the computers.
- On the Mac computer on which you are already using iMessage, open the Chrome browser again; go to the Extensions in the Settings, and enable (check) the extension named ‘Chrome Remote Desktop.’
- The browser will show you a code. Note down the code properly. You will need it later to allow remote sharing on other computers.
- When you are using the other computer, you will need to authorize remote access with the code.
- You will need to choose the remote connection option on this computer and then enter the code you picked from the Mac computer.
- This will allow you to access the Mac computer screen from any part of the world as long as both the computers are connected to the internet.
So, this is how you can use iMessage online remotely on any other computer. It might seem to be a bit difficult to use in the starting, but you will get used to it.
Using iMessage online directly on you Mac computer
If you have a Mac computer handy, using iMessage is pretty simple and straightforward. Here is how you can do that:
- Go to iTunes on your computer
- Look up for ‘iMessage’ and click the search button
- Install the iMessage app on your Mac computer
Now all you will need to do is log in with your Apple ID and you will be all set to use iMessage online on your Mac OS.
If you do not have a Mac computer and you wish to use iMessage online on your Windows PC, you can download and install the emulator called iPadian. This will give you access to all the Apple applications you wish to use including iMessage.
Using Cloud Apps
Deepak Raghav is a distinguished research consultant and writer. He is having vast experience in writing and Digital marketing and now operates his own blog http://myapps4pc.com/ on the regular basis. You can connect with him on Google+.