1000 Essays and One Laptop
Imagine a student without any gadget or device. What will his study be like? How will he or she conduct research and compose academic papers without immediate access to information? It would be quite challenging to create an essay; but with the help of laptops and PCs, students are able to do several tasks at a time, including a paper composition. Fortunately, you don’t have to torture yourself sitting days and nights at the library and looking through a large pile of books, as you have a multitasking gadget helping you to get good grades.
What are the advantages of using laptops for a student? You can find a relevant answer in the next paragraph.
Computers and Their Benefits for Us
During the past decades, schools and colleges have actively incorporated PCs and laptops for extensive use in the classrooms. There is nothing surprising in it, as these devices are beneficial for the educational process. The reasons to use a laptop while studying and especially course writing are as follows:
- Students who don’t like to type sentences on a computer explain it by their inability to take notes quickly. At first, it is hard to manage your hands and fingers correctly to push necessary buttons on a keyboard. However, with little practice, your hands are almost flying over the keypad. Making fast notes is only one benefit of computers. An individual has the opportunity to share information, search for necessary documents, store files, etc.
- Editing isn’t a challenging task if you use a laptop for it. Of course, you may proofread your essay at home sitting by a computer, but it is too time-consuming for modern students who have lots of chores to do. Therefore, taking the laptop with you is convenient because you can work on your paper in the park, train, café, and so on.
- Computers enable you to work in a team while conducting research for your paper. As a result, it is possible to make collective decisions and get some feedback and advice from your peers. Contemporary students prefer creating chats where they can share any useful materials and consult with classmates quickly.
- Due to the accessibility of information, students can find necessary materials with only one click while being far away from home. Thus, an individual can scrutinize the subject matter and keep learning unlimitedly.
Benefits of such devices as PCs and laptops are enormous for every student. To take full advantage of them, students need to learn some essential rules of using technologies effectively.
Steps to Get in with Your Computer
Not every person knows how to use a computer properly for studying. A great number of programs and applications may be confusing and overwhelming, so it seems like it is almost impossible to install all necessary software on a laptop. For this reason, a list of required programs and apps for every learner is given below:
- If you are a Linux user, you don’t have to install any drivers on your laptop. If you have other operational systems, you should do it to make your computer work properly.
- To protect your files and data, it would be beneficial to download and set up an effective antivirus.
- It is not efficient to download media players that don’t support most of the formats. Hence, download the VLC media player allowing to play different types of video formats.
- Adobe Reader is a good software to view PDF documents on your computer. Given that most of the books and scientific papers are provided in PDF format, you’d better spend some time and install this great software; otherwise, half of the credible sources will be inaccessible for you.
- Google Chrome is a browser allowing you to scan websites faster.
- Microsoft Office is one of the most useful software products for students, as it contains such essential services as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Having installed all these tools on your computer, you receive an opportunity to take advantage of modern technologies while composing your paper or making notes in the class.
To conclude, computers make our study more exciting and simple in many ways, as it is not necessary to spend your time looking for a certain page in a book or taking notes. According to the research on laptop use in class, productivity of some students increases greatly when they are allowed to use computers during the study. However, the study also showed that some students may lack the concentration because of numerous distractions provided by a laptop and access to the Internet.
Your laptop will not turn into a time-eater, if you learn to use it properly for studying and don’t let external factors distract you from your paper composition.