Microsoft announced a new Windows 10 Insider Build number 18267 with some new features. To start a new Vietnamese Telex and Number keyboards are now available and according to Microsoft, this is one of the top feature requests in the input space.
Microsoft has added more symbols to the touch keyboard along with many accessibility improvements.
- Narrator works better with Chrome now
- Narrator Braille
- UI Automation framework IAccessible2 Support
I think the big news from this build is the new Windows search mode called Enhanced Search. The new feature allows you to search all of your folders and files from Windows Search. This makes me wonder if this is part of the start of the improved search Microsoft talked about at Ignite this year.
Microsoft added a general list of improvements and fixes as always
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing when invoking actions on certain places, including under Windows Security.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some Insider experiencing green screens with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in the previous flight.
- We fixed an issue where the Action Center might suddenly appear on the opposite side of the screen before appearing on the correct side.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Action Center icon sometimes showing a number of unread notifications, however when you opened Action Center it would be blank.
- We fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashes on launch for a small number of users.
- We fixed an issue resulting in recently opened items sometimes showing in jump lists even though “Show recently opened items in jump lists” was disabled in Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the Built-in Phrases Setting page for the Pinyin IME would hang for a time if you clicked any phase in the list.
- We fixed an issue where Uninstall would still be shown as an option when right-clicking apps in Start if the group policy “Prevent users from uninstalling applications from Start” was enabled.
- We fixed an issue where if you had an inbox app with a version number longer than 20 characters it wouldn’t be returned as a result if you searched for it.
- We fixed an issue resulting in switching audio endpoints from the volume flyout in the taskbar not working in the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some users having issues launching inbox apps after updating to the last few flights.
- We fixed an issue where if word wrap was enabled when using Notepad with a screen reader some words might unexpectedly be read out as two half words rather than one.