Have you ever wanted to save some audio track that you’ve been listening to on your Mac? It could be an audiobook, song, soundtrack in a movie, or perhaps even the sound from a health seminar or presentation that you’re watching.
If you’re thinking about doing any of those things then you should give Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac a try. As you can guess from its name it is designed to record video footage from your Mac’s screen – but it can also record any audio that you want it to as well.
To learn how to record audio on Mac using Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac won’t take long at all because of how intuitive and user-friendly the software is. In fact you can start right now by following these steps:
- Select whether you want to record the system audio or audio from another device (such as a microphone), or both. Just click the corresponding icon depending on your choice so that a green tick appears on it.
- Ignore the capture area settings (unless you also want to record a video).
- Click ‘REC’ and wait 5 seconds for the recording to start.
- Click ‘Stop’ when you’re done.
- Click ‘Save’ and go to the ‘Video and Audio’ section then scroll down to find the audio format that you want to use (such as MP3, AAC, and so on).
It may be more convenient to manage your recording by using the hotkeys in Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac. Also if you’d rather not have to sit at your Mac and ‘babysit’ the recording you could set the timer so that it automatically stops after a certain duration.
Once you do finish recording the audio track, you may also want to edit it with the other features in Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac. Although many of these features are oriented towards videos, you can at very least use them to trim out any parts of the audio that you don’t need, extract important bits and save them as shorter clips, or merge several audio clips together into a single file.
In the event that you choose to also record video, Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac will let you play around with special effects and filters, insert customizable text, add audio tracks to your videos, and much more.
As you can see, Movavi Screen Capture Studio for Mac is certainly versatile – and will let you record any audio (or video) that you need on your Mac. Be sure to take advantage of its potential fully to save any audio content you want.