When it comes to running a successful website for your business, driving traffic to your site is only half the battle. All your efforts to generate traffic mean nothing if it does not convert. Here are 9 ways that you can optimize your website and encourage visitors to take action.
- Simplify your forms. Any time you ask visitors for information, try to request as little information as possible. The fewer fields your email opt-in form has, the more likely visitors are to complete and submit it. Having longer, more complex forms can have a negative impact on your conversion rate.
- Streamline the checkout process. One of the most cost-effective strategies for increasing your conversion rate is to upgrade your online shopping cart system. Companies like 1ShoppingCart offer advanced features like instant store updates and a number of order management tools. These tools allow you to better serve prospective customers by providing real-time updates to your catalog and instantly alerting you each time a purchase is made.
- Add a satisfaction guarantee. Your visitors want to know that you stand behind the quality of your products. Offering a satisfaction guarantee can help prospective customers feel more confident about doing business with your company. This confidence can translate to an increased number of conversions.
- Use testimonials. Much like the satisfaction guarantee, customer testimonials are another tool to help build confidence in your brand. Not only do these testimonials reduce risk, but they also provide proof to support the quality of your product or services. These testimonials are useful for both the product and email opt-in pages.
- Outline the benefits of using your product or service. Outlining the features of your product is important, but telling customers exactly how your product or service can improve their lives is even more important. Take time to explain to prospective buyers how your product helps them solve a problem they are experiencing.
- Consider using a video. Adding a video to your landing page can show visitors that there is an actual person behind your brand. This can help potential customers connect with your company and increase the likelihood that they will make a purchase.
- Connect to your social media accounts. Much like with testimonials, having a strong social media presence can help potential customers gain confidence in your brand. Not only that, but social engagement with your online audience is a great way to promote products and drive traffic to your website.
- Incorporate a call to action (CTA) into your site content. When visitors are reading your content, it is important that you communicate exactly what you want them to do. Whether you want them to click a button or read another piece of related content on your page, communicating this to the customer is a great way to keep them engaged and on your page.
- Avoid the gimmicks. With all of the keyword stuffing and hype-based content on the internet, consumers have become all too familiar with these gimmicks. Instead of using hype-based promotional content, focus on using content that is clear, compelling and helps visitors arrive at the decision to make a purchase.
When it comes to increasing the conversion rate of your website, it is easier said than done. Follow these 9 simple tips and you will be well on your way to optimizing your website and guiding customers towards making a purchase.