In today’s competitive world, every software development team aim at providing better software products that would bring about change in the markets. IT organizations have come up with several ideas to help the teams to up their software quotient. Currently, based on the Lean and Agile principles, SAFe has taken over the markets to help testing and development software team in planning and distributing responsibilities and activities across a smaller or larger team. This framework allows companies following the traditional waterfall methods to accept the SAFe method. Unlike the conventional methods, Scaled Agile Framework provides a simple experience for the software team and is broken into three parts Team, Program and Portfolio. To get a brief idea about SAFe, one has to attend SAFe Agile Certification.
SAFe works perfectly fine with large scale companies that need to work across larger and multi-team portfolios and the pros of implementing SAFe methods far outweigh the cons. Few reasons why companies adopt SAFe Framework –
- Aligns the top management and development teams – It helps develop a connection between the top level management and other development teams. Former methods had the top management set up a list of tasks for the other teams to execute, whereas the new agile methods allow the people at the higher posts to sit and discuss the ideas together in terms of delivering the end product to the consumer. Such a close connection with the business would help companies grow due to valuable inputs from across departments.
- Quality – This is the core value of SAFe and is a must when a company is following Lean principles. It believes to gain consumer satisfaction by offering the ability to innovate and provide valuable service to the end user. A traditional business method followed a sequenced approach that led to phased out events in the development structure and quality depending on the series of events affecting the production. However, with agile, core motive being quality, all other events are variable.
- Employee satisfaction – An organization prospers if people working with them are contented with the work atmosphere and operations involved. Employee performance has always been linked to the growth of the company. Agile helps bind people with a list of high priorities that are shared between multiple departments. It helps the team of individuals to work hard towards the commonly shared goals.
- Centralization – Most of the times this type of framework fits in large ventures as they have multiple sections that need to work together to create a common idea. Due to the amalgamation of all the teams, procedures followed across are standardized leading to fewer obstacles.
- Customer satisfaction – Companies bring their products out for the customers to use and any feedback from the customer is always valuable to the firm. Changes can be made to the product based on the user reviews and new features can be added to the product. Along with the customers, this makes the enterprise also happy as they are able to cater finely to the end user needs. Consumers tend to invest their time and money in a product when they know that their inputs are valued and the end result would be something that would benefit them. Product modifications are done by the development team along with the customers and this leads to easier and quicker means of problem-solving.
- Trust – SAFe framework follows the principle of transparency that is executed at all job levels right from low-level executives to managers and stakeholders. Clarity in the business and its architecture helps build trust that is essential to sustain in this competitive world where there are hundreds of others waiting in line to grab your position in the market. The agile framework gives a clear idea at all levels of work.
- Efficiency – Companies have their whole and sole invested in their business and hence need to see that all the plans are set and communicated effectively to avoid waste. Many a time’s big plans do not tend to work and end of in wastage of resources. Agile helps in reducing the waste the companies do not need while building their software.
- Increase Productivity – Every company operates in such a way that they have enough ROI. To enable maintain a constant Returns on Investments is not possible every time due to market fluctuations. Just because a company has used the most intricate process to develop a product does not mean that the product may be accepted by the user. Adopting agile practices helps develop a sound product to be launched in the market at the right time and place. This framework allows building a structure that allows minimum wastage. This allows the product to be developed as per the requirement of the consumer in an efficient manner.
- Proper Implementation – Adopting the agile framework enables proper alignment, maintains quality and also allows transparency in the system; people can have their focus on the proper execution of the program. Teams can focus on the research part in IT so that they can deliver consistent good to the customer.
Top line companies opt for professional with SAFe certification program employees as they are able to deliver the end product on time and in the right manner helping the company also to grow in return. Apart from this we even have SAFe Agilist Training in Hyderabad program for people who want to learn the Lean and agile methods and implement it in large scale companies.