1. Log in with temp profile.
2. Start registry editor by typing regedit in find box of Windows 7.
3. Navigate the following location.
4. You will see similar keys under profile list, but one with .bak
5. The key with .bak is for the correct old profile. Currently your Windows 7 computer logged in with fresh (temporary) profile with same key. So, rename the new profile key ( which is not having.bak) and remove .bak from correct profile key.
6. Log off and log in (or restart) with your user name and password. You must get your correct profile with icons and profile settings back in Windows 7