One of the main reasons as to why many an SEO consultant uses WordPress is due to the fact that it is ever simple to use when it comes to boosting the position in the search engines. In fact, it works well ‘right out of the box’. As you may know though, WordPress is plugin based and a number of top developers have worked on methods which will increase the SEO capabilities of WordPress even more. Let’s take a little look at five of the top ones.
1. WordPress SEO by YOAST: Any Web Developer worth their salt will tell you that this is one of the best plugins out there. In fact, it is one of the most popular by far. This plugin can do a lot. It will tell you everything from your keyword density (important to know in this day and age) all the way through to recommendations about how you should us your keywords. You have full meta tag editing functionality on top plus a ton of other features. Give this one a download. You will love it.
2. All in One SEO Pack: This is a plugin which I used for a long time on one of my own personal websites. It works incredibly well and does pretty much the same job as what YOAST does. However, the system is a great deal more automated. I love this. The only gripe is that it is slightly more difficult to get to grips with.
3. Google Analyticator: If you are attempting to run a successful SEO campaign then you absolutely need to keep tabs on your Google Analytics account. I can’t stress the importance of this system. Of course, the data can be quite difficult to understand and you do not want to be hopping on over to the Google website every time you want to check your stats. You don’t have to! You can do it right from the dashboard with this awesome plugin.
4. SEO Content Control: Producing content for your website on a regular basis? Well, you need this plugin! Its main job (and only job) for that matter is to read your content and tell you whether it is a strong SEO piece. If it feels as though it is weak it will give you recommendations on how you can change it.
5. SEO Friendly Image: This cool plugin allows you to optimize your images to ensure that they do not cause even the slightest problem to your SEO campaign (most people’s failings are actually in their imagery)
This is just a quick selection of the various SEO plugins that you can use on your WordPress installation. If you are unsure about how you can go about installing plugins (or even if you are unsure about whether you have WordPress) then I really do suggest that you talk to your Phoenix Web Design Company who will be able to provide you with the advice that you need.
Author Biography: Katie Smith is a content writer of HireAWiz, a leading SEO Company in Phoenix specializing in custom web design, PHP development, Pay Per Click Marketing and SEO services.