This works on Vista and Windows 7.
To install .Net 1.1 and SP1 into Vista or Win7 (32 or 64 bit).
- Create a new folder named DotNet in C: drive (C:DotNet is used in this guide, you can change to any folder you prefer, but ensure that you use correct path in the following steps).
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Redistributable Package(dotnetfx.exe ). Make sure the setup file is saved as dotnetfx.exe .
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (NDP1.1sp1-KB867460-X86.exe ). Make sure that the file is renamed and saved asdotnetfxsp1.exe , so that the rest of the steps can be followed easily.
- Move both installation files into the same directory (i.e. C:DotNet), if you’re not saving them together.
- Open command prompt as Administrator .
- Change to the directory where the two installation setup files for .NET 1.1 are saved (i.e. C:DotNet).
- Run the following commands one by one, press Enter after each one.
- dotnetfx.exe /c:”msiexec.exe /a netfx.msi TARGETDIR=C:DotNet”
- Then click on “Yes” when prompted to answer “would you like to install Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1. Package?”
- dotnetfxsp1.exe /Xp:C:DotNetnetfxsp.msp
- msiexec.exe /a c:DotNetnetfx.msi /p c:DotNetnetfxsp.msp