I bought myself an Audio Technica AT2020 for my ham radio rig. I have the adapters and PTT(push to talk) button coming soon. The only thing weired about this mic is I had to but several adapters and cables to make it work plus a phantom power supply. Every ham and every website rates this mic 5 out of 5. Looks slick and when I tried it on my computer it sounded great. I will take pictures once its all setup and ready.
Off of Audio Technica Website
Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards set the AT2020 apart from other mics in its class. Its low-mass diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. With rugged construction for durable performance, the microphone offers a wide dynamic range and handles high SPLs with ease. The AT2020: the new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
ELEMENT – Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
POLAR PATTERN – Cardioid
FREQUENCY RESPONSE 20-20,000 Hz
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY –37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
IMPEDANCE – 100 ohms
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL – 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
NOISE – 20 dB SPL
DYNAMIC RANGE (typical) – 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO – 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS – 48V DC, 2 mA typical
WEIGHT – 12.1 oz (345 g)
DIMENSIONS – 6.38″ (162.0 mm) long, 2.05″ (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
ACCESSORIES FURNISHED – Stand mount for 5/8″-27 threaded stands; 5/8″-27 to 3/8″-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch
AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE R7